ads

Monday, November 14, 2011

Phoebe's Cupcakery



Scarlettes, red velvet cupcakes from Phoebe's Cupcakery. I have been hearing a lot of buzz about these cupcakes and as a food lover, I know, I just have to try it. So I ordered half a dozen of Scarlettes which costs Php280. Orders should be made 2-3 days before pick-up date since the cupcakes are homemade and also to ensure its freshness.
The founder of this new cupcake business is Phoebe Roxanne Ouano. She was a schoolmate back in college and I do believe that she's friends with my former housemates, Amanda and April.
It was purely accidental when I saw her Facebook page. I was craving for delicious cupcakes that are available in Cebu and her page was one of the pages who appeared when I searched for cupcakes in Facebook.
Anyway, on the day of the pick-up, I was so excited (oa na kung oa, I'm always excited if it's about food) to taste the cupcakes. So when I had them in my hands, I smelled them and the smell is just so sweet and yummy-smelling and it took a lot of control for me not to eat them right then and there. I was salivating! My cousin told me to wait until we get home.
Before eating, I know I just have to take photos of the cupcakes to post on every website I have. Yeah, I do that a lot.
I took one cupcake and inhaled its aroma. I know I'm not supposed to incorporate this word when talking about food but just its aroma brings you to ecstacy. I tasted every part of the cupcake. First, I tasted the frosting which I think is made of cream cheese. Then the cupcake itself without the frosting. Then I took a big bite of frosting and the cupcake. Yeah, I experiment with my food, to check what's the best way to enjoy eating it.
The cupcakes are AMAZING, I tell you! It's different from all the red velvet I've tasted. It's moist, it's not too sweet, it's almost a melt-in-your-mouth goodness. And the frosting really goes well with the cupcake. They compliment each other.
Unfortunately, I only got to eat one since I only ordered half a dozen and we're six in the house. My cousin and I were basically counting on her picky-eater of a daughter not to eat her share. Too bad for us, she loved it. But she's not really into that eating so she gave me her half eaten cupcake.

By the way, for those who are planning to order, the cupcake is great, too, if it's refrigerated. Trust me, it won't turn to rock.

Flavors:
Nuts for Nana
Scarlettes
Mocha Loca
Cookie Monster

Minimum Order of 6pcs/flavor
Half dozen- Php280
One dozen- Php480

What are you waiting for?
Check out her FB Page and order now!

xoxo,
dee

No comments:

Post a Comment